Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy New Year!

The latter part of my 2016 was characterized by busy-ness and progress on the professional front. Rather than having to choose between editing and writing for a living, I was able to do both! And 2017 promises more challenging and creative assignments.

There was progress in another area. My son finally bid his wheat allergy good-bye, after a summer of oral wheat challenges leading up to the official green light by his allergist. Six months on, I am still marvelling at how much our lives have changed because of this. He is still allergic to peanuts, so we all remain vigilant in this regard.

I started this blog ten years ago, on January 14, 2007. At the time I was working on a clunky desktop PC in the office that would later become my daughter's bedroom. Life was a lot simpler then: a relatively straightforward routine with a toddler, and no social media to distract me. Fast-forward to 2017: two school-age kids, a long volunteer stint at Literary Mama under my belt, a freelance editing and writing business, and the aforementioned drama of navigating life-threatening food allergies. I am proud of this blog, despite its lack of traffic for the past couple of years (with the exception of a very popular post on "Food Allergy Friendly Bahamas"), but it's time to officially shut it down.

Thanks to those who stuck with me through the years, reading and commenting. I have preserved all of your comments, but if there are any posts of mine you wish to revisit, let me know, as I've saved those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment